Here’s another recipe from the talented Margarita for all the budding chefs emerging from the MCO!
Chuan Chuan Fish
by Margarita Lee
- 2 Barramundi fillets
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Soybean paste
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Sliced ginger
- 3 tbsp Sliced shallot
- 3 tbsp Sliced garlic
- 2 tbsp Sliced red chilli
- 2 tbsp Lime juice or Tamarind water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 80ml Water
- Fried ginger
- Fried shallot
- Fried garlic
- Sliced spring onion
- Rub barramundi pieces with salt and pepper.
- Deep fry sliced ginger, garlic and shallots until golden brown. Strain and reserve the oil.
- Coat the barramundi with cornflour and pan fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Use the oil from the ginger, shallots and garlic to sauté the soybean bean paste until aromatic. Add in half of the fried ginger, shallots, garlic and chilli. Stir well.
- Add in water and soy sauce.
- Add in the fried barramundi and braise for 3 minutes, then add in lime juice or tamarind water.
- Add a pinch of salt and sugar to taste.
- Plate, garnish and enjoy.
Get your local news fast. Download the Ipoh Echo App on your mobile. Available on both Google Playstore and Apple Appstore.
Google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details…
Apple Appstore: https://apps.apple.com/my/app/ipoh-echo/id1498399519