Whether it’s for breaking fast, part of Hari Raya preparations, or just for fun—Margarita has got you covered with another simple to follow recipe!
By Margarita Lee
- 55g Rice flour
- 55g Tapioca flour
- 20g Green bean flour
- 150g Sugar
- 300ml Water
- 250ml Pandan juice (Blend 6-8 pieces pandan leaves)
- 1 tsp Alkaline water
- 30g Rice flour
- 15g Corn flour
- 200ml Coconut milk
- 250 Hot water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- In a pot, add sugar and water, then bring it to a boil. Leave aside for later use.
- Combine all 3 types of flour from Ingredients A in a mixing bowl and mix in the hot sugar syrup. Pour in the pandan juice and alkaline water and mix until well combined, then strain the mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Bring 1/2 pot of water to a boil, then turn down to medium heat. Place the mixing bowl with the green mixture over hot water. Double boil until slightly thickened, then remove from heat and mix until smooth.
- Strain the batter into a 6” square cake tin and steam over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes or until set.
- Mix coconut milk, salt, rice flour and corn flour together. Add in hot water gradually while stirring, then strain the mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Double boil the white mixture until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and mix until smooth.
- Pour the thickened white mixture over the cooked green layer, then steam over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Set aside the steamed Kuih Talam to cool completely before cutting.
Check out more of Margarita’s recipes on her FB @ Umummy Food