Negligence caused my son’s death: D. Nilaveni

By : Anne Das

IPOH- A mother alleged that a private kindergarten here was negligent and failed to monitor her 4-year-old son, causing him to fall into a swimming pool next to the premises and drown.

D. Nilaveni, 40, who is also a businesswoman, said the daycare had also failed to explain the real reason why her son V. Thanes Nair was found unconscious in the adult swimming pool on April 17.

“It was only after my son was at the Chemor Health Clinic that I was contacted and told that my son had fallen, but at first I was not told that my son had actually fallen in the swimming pool,” she told the media when met today, while also claiming she had no idea there was a swimming pool next to the school.

Recounting the incident which happened on the first day of her son’s trial class at the kindergarten, Nilaveni said her son was then sent to the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital (HRPB) but was in critical condition.

Her son died at 10.30 this morning after seven days of fighting for his life at HRPB.

“I feel very disappointed because my child was not sent by ambulance immediately to receive treatment and the school failed to monitor and take care of my child who was only 4 years old when he was on the premises. How could they allow my child who should be monitored, go to the swimming pool area like that?” she asked.

Thanes Nair is Nilaveni’s only child from her marriage to V. VIjay, 43, after six years of living together.

Nilaveni said she and her husband had filed a police report a day after the incident. She further claimed that the kindergarten had hid the truth while failing to disclose footage of the closed circuit camera (CCTV) footage till this day.

“I don’t want other children to suffer the same fate as my son. Therefore, I want the authorities to investigate what really happened to my son on the day of the incident,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Ipoh district police spokesperson (for reference only: Deputy OCPD Ipoh Supt Lee Swee Sake) when contacted confirmed receiving the report.

In a statement, Kinder Labz said the management and staff were working closely with the authorities and had given their statements and provided all existing evidence including CCTV footage.

“We can confirm that Thanes was attending a trial class at our school when the tragedy took place at about 10am on the day of the incident.

“The management and staff at Kinder Labz are working closely with the authorities and have given their statements and provided all existing evidence including CCTV footage to said authorities to facilitate investigations into the matter,” it said.

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button