Not sure whether you’re craving for something sweet or salty? Why not have a little of both at the same time? With easily accessible ingredients and no baking required, this is a great recipe to try for a quiet Sunday!
Salted Egg Cheese Cake
By Margarita Lee
- 100g Digestive biscuit
- 40g Melted butter
- 225g Cream cheese (after 2 hours at room temperature)
- 60g Sugar
- 160ml Whipping cream/thickened cream
- 2 tsp Gelatine powder
- 80ml Warm milk
- 3 Salted egg yolk (steamed and mashed through sieve)
- 100ml Milk
- 20ml Butter
- 10g Sugar
- 1 tbsp Milk powder (optional)
- 1 Salted egg yolk (steamed and mashed through sieve)
- Grease a 16cm springform cake pan and line the base with baking paper. Place pan on a baking tray.
- Break up the digestive biscuits and crush with a food processor. Add butter and process until combined, then transfer to the prepared pan and press mixture firmly and evenly over the base with a glass. Chill in the fridge until required.
- Use a fork to whisk the gelatine into warm milk until dissolved. Set aside for later use.
- Place the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl or food processor. Whip or process the mixture until well combined and smooth.
- Gradually beat in the whipping/thickened cream. Beat for 1 minute or until the mixture has thickened.
- Add in mashed salted egg yolks from Ingredients B.
- Add in the prepared gelatin mixture.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture into the prepared pan. Place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight until set.
- In a small saucepan or wok, melt butter on medium low heat, then add in Ingredients C and simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened. Drizzle the sauce over the cheesecake prior to serving.