*This recipe is translated and reposted with permission from OResepi on Facebook.
Rendang Ikan Tongkol (Skipjack Tuna Rendang)
- 1kg Skipjack tuna (head removed)
- 3 cups Coconut milk (santan)
- 2 tbsp Kerisik (toasted grated coconut)
- 3 pcs Asam gelugor
- 2 pcs Turmeric leaves (sliced thinly)
- 3 pcs Kaffir lime leaves (shredded)
- ½ cup Cooking Oil
- Salt and sugar to taste
Ingredients B (ground):
- 15 Dried chillies (or substitute with 30 green chili padis)
- 5 Chili padi
- 8 bulbs Shallots
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 inch Lengkuas or Galangal
- 3 stalks Lemongrass
- 2 inch Turmeric
- 1 tsp Coriander powder (optional)
- 1 tsp Fennel powder (optional)
- Clean the fish and cut into pieces.
- Heat oil in a wok and stir-fry Ingredients B until the oil separates.
- Add in the pieces of fish, coconut milk, kerisik, kaffir lime leaves, salt and asam gelugur.
- Cook until the oil separates once more and the gravy thickens.
- Add in turmeric leaves and stir evenly.
- Dish out and serve.